Tuesday 23 June 2015

Thrifting : Approved Foods (part deux)

So my new Approved Food order arrived in time for Tom's birthday party! Hip hip Horray! I thought I'd share my wares with y'all as it seemed to go down well last time! There are some repeat buys from last time and a few things bought specifically for Tom's party. So let's take a look see, I tried to separate them into boxes of similar items ... 


This is the crisp type box, I got some more popcorn as its really nice alternative to crisps in a lunch box and only contains 101 calories (5/£1)! I got Crinkles (14/£1) and Frisps (5/£1) as a throwback classic lunchbox item! And I bought the bacon streaks(3/£1.20) for Tom's party. There is also tortilla chips (2/£1.20) which I had to crop out, they are the hint of lemon flavour which I thought would make good nachos!


This is a kinda Tom box? I have more of the Organix squeezy sachets (6/£1.99)  as Tom liked them and they don't have strawberry in (woohoo!) in the summer I might try and part freeze one to make slush? I bought more tortillas (2/£1.50) for fajitas etc and they make a good snack for Tom. I also bought more sourdough bread (2/£1.50) as its a great way of keeping bread in the house that won't go off, as we don't always get through a loaf. The other thing are these wee Gullon biscuity things, like little ritz crackers? (£1.49) I thought they would be good for the party as a snack for the kids. I also quite like the plastic tub it comes in, I'm sure that can be reused for something..?


This is the packet box, although I've plonked my Fanta zero (5/£1) in there too! I have lots of jelly and custard (6/£1.50) as we used our last dry custard up and I like having some just in case (in case of what I don't know? Custard emergencies?). I bought the jelly (5/£1.20) thinking it was regular jelly but I think it's a glaze? I will have a crack with it but I think it might be a #fail. I have some dill (6/£1), it was cheap and I'm sure my dad used to use it in a sauce? Must try and find out! I bought the flavour of Simply Casserole (3/£1) that get didn't have last time, which is a sausage casserole, I have tried the ones I bought previously and it was really nice! And lastly I have the mini samosa snacks (39p), I thought I might out these out at the party as an adult snack. 


Ok, this one is jars and stuff. More tomato and garlic sauce (2/£1) #standard, always but it as its handy to have and is generally nice. Bought some Discovery Sour Cream (39p), handy for Mexican which we have really regularly. Bought some tubs of custard (3/99p) for those pesky custard emergencies! I bought a bottle of teriyaki sauce for 39p! Amazing! I would have bought the 3 for £1 but just don't have the space. Either way I'm chuffed! I also bought these Blue Dragon sauces (2/£1) in lemon chicken and sweet and sour. They are two step jars and I mainly bought them as Mr B loves lemon chicken so I thought it would definitely be worth a try. 
And the jewel in the crown of this order... PEANUT FREE PEANUT BUTTER !?! £1.49! Tom has a peanut allergy which I discovered by giving him peanut butter, funnily enough. I'm so freekin excited to be able do some of the cute Pinterest peanut butter recipes as well as just letting Tom have a PB & J!


Lastly we have the sweets and treats. I got some packs of Chuppa Chups lollies for Tom's party bags as they was 3/£3!
The Snickers was in a flash deal so I got 6/78p, the Crunch was 4/£1, Mars 4/£1. I bought the Hershey's shell ice cream topping (£1) as Mr B harps on about having it as a kid so I thought it would be good for a bit of nostalgia. I got some little pastry puff things (2/£1) in a bit of a whim, not sure why but they look nice enough. 

As always I am really pleased with my order. Approved Food continue to offer great value and the shipping seemed really quick this time. A tip I have when ordering is to monitor the 'Feed your family for around £20 a week' page on Facebook as they often get discount rates for Approved Food, using this I got 10% off my order AND 10% off shipping! Get in!

Have you tried Approved Food yet? What's your best buy?

On a totally unrelated note I have put my first video on YouTube! I cocked it up by filming the wrong way but if you fancy a gander https://youtu.be/ZPkrh6U3bEw


No comments:

Post a Comment