Tuesday 2 June 2015

My Mummy Happy Place : John Lewis

Ok, this is a bit of an odd post but hear me out...

I was out shopping a few days ago with Tom, Tom was being crabby, I was really tired, we both was still getting better from the lurgy. Things were getting stressful and I wanted to have a little cry. But then, what did I see? The green welcoming glow of John Lewis.

Now, don't get me wrong pre-Tom I didn't go in John Lewis. I thought it was too fancy shamshy and that I didn't belong, and there is some truth to that. When I had Tom my sister raved about the John Lewis changing rooms (I guess we are an odd family like that!) so I was looking forward to trying them. 

John Lewis knows how to cater for mums, the changing areas are large, clean and have the resources you need. When I first took Tom shopping with my friend he had a dicky tum and we were stuck in there for I don't know how long but it was awful, but because the changing rooms were so well designed it was so much more manageable.

The other element that I really like is the breastfeeding area. John Lewis is the only shop I have encountered that provides a decent breastfeeding area. They provide sofas, cold water and a discreet area away from the toilets, you can see that they have actually considered the mum's needs and it has made me loyal.

Well, that covers the changing rooms. The other big lure for me as a mum is the variety of brands in the shop.  They are a one stop shop for everything you need for a baby and I'm especially fond of the clothes as I've discovered brands I would have never heard of otherwise, last time I was there I found Rock n Roll Pirates, an amazingly cute brand selling tops and jumpers adorned in superheros and other pop culture references, I'm in love! 



I know this is a random post but I just want to say that if you ever are having a mini shopping breakdown (I can't be the only one!) then go to John Lewis, peruse  the beautiful things, have a tea and change your baby's bum and think of me! 

Do you have any mummy happy places? 

No comments:

Post a Comment