Sunday 7 June 2015

Bootfair Haul : 2

So we went to a booty today and true to form we got some right bargains! So let me fill you in ...

I bought two dresses, the first is a George Sequin Shift Dress the seller was originally asking for £2 but I asked if she could do a better price and got it for a quid! An unexpected treat! The dress has 3 different metallic sequins building a geometric pattern all the way round. I really love sequins but can't wear them around Tom as I don't like the idea of them pressing against his face, but I am going out a little bit more now and this would be perfect for an evening at the pub/club!


The other dress I bought is more of a day dress. It is a George Green Swirl Wrap Dress. I am a big fan of a wrap dress, they suit my shape and are convenient for breastfeeding. I'm very keen on green as a colour and jersey fabric, and I think this dress had a good smart casual vibe! The seller originally asked for £2 and I got it for £1.50, which I am really pleased with! 


Next up, toys! Mr B has been collecting some of the toys of his childhood for when Tom is bigger, today he added Buzz Lightyear to the collection for £2.50. There seemed to be Buzz and Woody on lots of the stalls, all around similar prices and reasonable condition. All the buttons work, as do the wings, so this will be enjoyed by Mr B and Tom in the future! 


Mr B's greatest find was the Thunderbirds Tracey Island for £10, which he says brilliant! The island is in good nick but didn't have thunderbird 1 or 4 (means nothing to me!), I haven't much to say in this except that it was really cute how happy it made Mr B. 


So my next best bargain is this Bucket of Dinosaurs with props, the bucket had a RRP. of £10 and it was sold to us by a sweet dottering old lady for 75p, I offered to pay 80p and save her finding the change but she insisted! I intend to used these in a Pintrest/WhatsUpMoms craft project where you hot glue a dinosaur to a mason jar and spray paint for cute storage. 


From the same stall we got a bigger individual dinosaur for 50p. Nothing much to say! Good contain, have no clue what I will do with it!



Keeping with the dinosaur theme, I bought this Alphabet Dinosaur Puzzle (retails for £19 from Babi Pure) for £3. The puzzle is much too much for Tom at the moment but it was so bright and colourful that I think it will look good on his shelf for now!


For part of Toms birthday present we have bought him the Batman Little People figures, at the bootfair we saw a little Little People Batmobile (retails around £14.99) to go with it for only £2.50, so we will keep it back until then!


We also bought a smaller set from the range for £2.50, it is the Wheelies Superfriebds Race 'n' Chase Batcave  (£64.99 on Amazon), there are some bits missing but it's  totally useable and it quite sweet! 


Last but not least is a framed Catherine Colebrook print (retails around £30) bought for £3! I got this for a glamour puss friend of mine as it really is her style! If she hadn't wanted it then I would have happily kept is as I like a bit of tongue in cheek! 


That's your lot folks! I am really pleased with my loot and food weeks like this is what keeps me coming back! Have you had any good finds recently? 

No comments:

Post a Comment