Monday 1 June 2015

Haul Post : Tom & Me : H&M and Primark

I went shopping on Sunday, not looking for anything in particular but I knew I wanted to look in H&M and Primark. They did not disappoint!

H&M



Spider-Man Snapback : £4.99
Mr B is a bit of a geek at heart and this is definitely being channeled into Tom! I really love this cap and the peak will offer a good amount of shade on his face and, in truth, I think it looks trendy! It is also available in Superman. 



AC/DC Sleeveless Tank : £7.99
I would usually consider this to be an extravagance but I just totally fell in love! The colour is more of a grey marl than in the photo, there was crappy lighting. I really like the little rocker style and thought this would be adorable with some black jeans and Vans! They smallest size they had was aged 2-4 (H&M do really strange sizes! But I guess it will last!) so Tom might have to grow into this, although I think it will work slightly oversized.



Star Wars T-Shirt : £5.99
Continuing with the geek chic, we have a t-shirt with different Star Wars ships on. Mr B is all about the Star Wars and I thought they could match, he doesn't know this yet! I think this is a really cool take on the theme, rather than just the logo or storm troopers! It reminds me of Haynes manuals.



Indigo Jeans : £4
Can you guess the price? I bought these as a basic trouser. Tom has a few pairs of more vintage look jeans and I thought it would be nice to have a smarter pair. They are pretty basic but look like a really good quality and have just the right amount of stretch and long legs which bodes well for Tom!

That's all I got in H&M, they had an awesome Jungle Book t-shirt but not in Toms size, so I will keep my eyes out for that. I've also seen a cute double pack of Superman t-shirts that I like the look of and if I see them I will probably get but they weren't  in stock at my local H&M.

Primark



Grandad Shirt : £3 (reduced)
I have been looking for this style of shirt as we have a few weddings to attend over the summer, and I was overjoyed to find it not just in Primark but reduced (what-what!). I bought a bigger fit as I want Tom to wear a waistcoat with it and to be comfy. The shirt looks to be really good quality and I really like the rolled up sleeve detail, it's deco sulu the little things that count! 



Travel Bottle Set : £1
Not that exciting but I bought this for two purposes. 1. I buy the big bottles of Aveeno for Toms eczema and have travel size for me but NanNan has to lug a big one about when she looks after him. I thought I could use the pump bottle to give her a travel option and make life a bit simpler. 2. I have to carry Puritin with me in case of an allergic reaction so I was considering decanting some for a more travel friendly option, I'm not entirely convinced it will be successful but it's worth a punt!

That's all I got for Tom but I picked up some odds and sods for me : 



Shoe Liners : £2
My feet are ruined after years of ill fitting shoes and I am slowly trying to reverse some of this. I've not tried these before but I like the logic of being able to wear these with shoes and I have a pair in mind that are lovely but evil so I'm looking forward to testing these babies out!



Men's Harry Potter T-Shirt : £3 (reduced) 
I bought this on a whim. Harry Potter madness seems to have taken over my family so I thought, why not! I like a men's t-shirt as they are usually quite long and as I am *ahem* fuller figured, my body gives them shape. I like it, it's fun, why not!



Sarong : £1 (reduced)
I bought this as we are going to Spain in the summer and I figured I am going to buy one at some point, for £1 the time is now! It's just a plain pink sarong that I can chuck on when I'm not in the pool and am chasing after Tom! Feels an ok quality, and looks easy to pack. Might even work as a scarf? We shall see...



Acid Wash Jeggings : £7
I have recently lost a bit of weight and so my size 20 skinniest and jeggings kept felling down, a pain in the arse when I'm constantly up and down chasing Tom! So I decided to get these, I've seen a lot of bloggers talking about the high waisted jeans in here, but I could only see them in a 20 (typical!) so I got the wash in these! They are good value, and comfy. I am really happy with them, feel quite trendy! They are a bit more blue than the photo but again the lighting was a bit ass.



Super High Waisted Jeans : £10
I got these too as I have heard lots of blog talk that they are very similar in style to the Topshop Joni jeans, but I have a snowballs chance in hell in getting my arse in them! The picture doesn't pick up that there is a rip in the knee (there I go being all trendy again) so I need to remember to be cautious getting dressed and not putting my foot through it, which I've done in the past! I'm pleased with the fit, they seem to hold in the mum tum, which can only be a good thing!



Batwing Cardigan : £5 (reduced)
This was a pain to photograph! It's folded in half so you can see the sleeve shape, it's s navy cardi with white stripe and it's a very fine knit. I'm not a lover of my arms and at work I like to be a bit covered so this kind of light cardi is perfect for warmer weather. It could definitely be dressed smart or casual and a fiver is really reasonable. 



Bow Hairclip : £1
This is a cute couple pink floral print with an acrylic bow on the side. Tom is fascinated my hair and can get a bit grabby so I like to keep mine up and I like that clips means no hair kinks when you take them out. It's cute, it's a quid, I'm sure I will end up getting more!

That's my lot for today, I could have happily kept shopping but Mr B was getting bored! Have you got any bargains recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment