Wednesday 17 June 2015

Product Review : Clevamama Cleva Bath

Previous to having Tom I didn't have much of opinion on bath mats and probably would have thought I was a right saddo for caring enough to write this. Well, screw you young and not tired Sophie, because here it is!

Not all bath mats are created equal. Up until recently we used a body sized sponge to lay Tom on within our bath for a bath, none of those little baby baths for us! Doing this has given Tom lots of confidence in water, too much confidence some (Mr B) might say. Tom has now started to try and crawl and walk whilst holding on to the edge, whilst in the bath. This is when we decided we needed a decent bath mat. I checked in with my mummy friends and the Clevamama bath mat was highly recommended. I have used it enough times that I feel I can give an honest reflection of its quality. 


I ordered this from Kiddicare and it came the next day, it was £10.99 which pre Tom I would have scoffed at and gone to B&M, but what I liked about this  was its size, which isn't generally available elsewhere. Now, it says it's the full length of the bath and that's not quite true but it's longer than your average and call me a size queen but I'm liking that. The length means Tom has the space to have a wee crawl with less worries about slipping. 
I also really like the texture of the mat, it's a thick rubber but like bubble rubber. So it doesn't feel like a hot water bottle it's softer and squidgier, which is obviously nicer against Tom's skin. 


The mat attaches to the bath by the little round suckers you see in the photo, I'm sure y'all have seen those before so I won't dwell.
You also get the little kneeling pad included. I wouldn't pay extra for it but it's a nice enough addition. The pad is covered in the same squishy rubber and is nice to kneel on but it's hardly shit your pants exciting. 

Overall, I accept that to many this isn't that exciting but if you are dealing with a very active tot at bath time then this really is for you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment