Thursday 14 May 2015

What's in my make up bag :

After yesterday's heavy post I thought I would lighten the mood with a what's in my make up bag post, as I really like reading other bloggers make up bag posts. I'm simple like that!


There is a lot of No. 7 in here as, just prior to returning to work I decided that I should be more grown up as I am a mother (? Blame it on the hormones not settling yet!) and so I bought some grown up makeup! It was also on a 3 for 2 day at Boots, with a combo of a voucher and boots card voucher I ended up paying around £13 for the lot! Madness!
My actual make up bag is by Happy Jackson and was a birthday present from my sister, to which I'm now obsessed with the brand as they all have cute little sayings, so this has 'Kiss + make up' on the front. It's a small/medium size so you can pack a fair bit in but don't end up lugging Boots around with you! 


I have a set of Real Techniques brushes that I bought on sale in Asda after Christmas, it's a basic set but a good starting point for building up a decent brush collection. I use the foundation brush for concealer as I don't really use foundation on a day to day basis, I would love to say it's because I have good skin but really I think it's because I'm lazy! The set also has a lovely eyeshadow brush, no guesses what I use that for! And a powder brush which I use for bronzer as it gives a good dusting without caking it on!


Next is my No. 7 Creme Touch powder, I have combination skin and can get a bit oily this isn't the most exciting thing in the world but it balanced me and looks fresh and clean. I like to think that sometimes things not being exciting and just doing what they are supposed to is really refreshing! 
The other powder is my beautiful No. 7 Shimmer Pallet bronzer compact, in the most beautiful rose gold case with a honking great mirror to boot! It's one of those with strips of gold, rose gold and more of a brown, packed with shimmer but not so much that you look like a disco ball! It goes on well and really lasts. I've also been known to use individual shades as a summery eyeshadow.


I thought I'd group my eye bits together. First up, the No. 7 Extravagant Volume mascara, I had been a die hard fan of They're Real by Benefit, but I was getting itchy feet so I thought I'd give this a crack. Boy am I glad! I think you get the same result of thick, long and well defined lashes, but you can actually get it off! And it's much less clumpy. I would really recommend it.
I also have two of the No. 7 Stay Precise liquid eyeliners, in black and chain mail (like a gunmetal grey). These eyeliners area great formulas, runny enough to shape how you want, quick drying and they last. I especially love the brush as its long, fine stands rather than a rubber of foam point, I find this offers more control and definition.
Lastly, the No. 7 ( told you there was lots!) Beautiful Eyebrows Sculpting Pencil. The pencil has the little twirly comb on one end and a triangular shaped pencil the other which I presume is to mimic the natural hair shape. The formula is just the right amount of waxy and has a good hold and a natural finish, I feel made up but not Towie made up!



Both Natural Collection items are concealers. I really like the formula they use, they are cheap and cheerful but they work and the fair shade is actually fair which is more than I can say for lots of other brands out there! 
The blush is Bourjois (seriously - does anyone know how to pronounce this without feeling like a twat) is cream to powder and is a nice subtle colour, an English rose. I got this as part of a beauty box (the Glamour one maybe?) and I am happy with it. I do prefer Benefit's Coralista but it's a ball ache to carry around where as this is lovely and compact. 



Lastly is this little gem. I wouldn't have normally owned an Avon pallet but again, my sister bought it for me! It's a perfect little pallet, small enough to take up no space and the shades can do a petty neutral or a smokey eye! It gives good colour payout with minimal fallout. I really have no complaints except that I put off using it as I was being snobby about Avon, shame on me!

I hope you have enjoyed the post, pre Tom, I used to love makeup and would have had lots more, but these days it's a much simpler life! 

Let me know your go to staples! 

No comments:

Post a Comment