Monday 25 May 2015

Gel Nails : Sally Hansen Salon Insta Gel Strips



I thought I would offer something different, but still a bit parental lifestyle related, hear me out! I love having painted nails and pre Tom I was always painting my nails, post Tom I don't have nearly as much time and can't abide chipping which isn't always baby compatible, so my way around this is gel nails! 
I use the Sensationail LED system to do gel nails at home, it's easy, cheap and convenient, no having to go to the nail shop for a whole evening, I can do them whilst catching up on Netflix!
I was browsing in Poundland t'other day when I came across the Sally Hansen Insta Gel Strips, I have previously used the non gel equivalents and was pleased with the outcome so I thought I would give these a try (LED lamp required)



The kit is really simple to use with everything you need included, bar the lamp. You shape your nails, prep with a wipe, peel the strip and press onto nail, top coat and the cure with your lamp, then a final wipe et voilĂ  pretty and chip resistant nails! This is by far the simplest system I have encountered. Usually gel nails require multiple curing, one at each stage, so this was much less time consuming which is always nice. 


The set costs £1 so there is nothing else to be said about what good value it is. But I can better it! The nails come with a whole set of different sizes so you can match to your nail shape and size. As you can see I'm keeping my nails short (for nappy changes!) and so I was able to use each one strip over two nails! This means I have a whole spare set of strips leftover! Two manicures for £1! You could even attempt a pedi with it and have them match! 
I really love the finished effect, will it last two weeks? I doubt it. Is it chip resistant, in short no, but my wear has been minimal and considerably better than regular nail varnish. It would probably do well if you didn't have a child! But it is glossy and I feel polished so I would defiantly recommend it (here I am recommending it!). The colour I am wearing is 280 Punch Drunk and it's a raspberry cream. I have also bought 450 Pretty N Poppy - a pink flowery pattern and 440 Bonus Check - a black and white houndstooth patten, I will Instagram as I wear them! 

Have you had any Poundland bargains recently? Are you a gel fan? I would love to hear from you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment