Thursday 28 May 2015

Thrifting : Approved Foods

Here's for something a little different, ordering food online. I have placed 6 orders from Approved Food and intend to continue doing so as I think the service is great!
 Approved Foods is an online food ordering service with a difference, it is crazy cheap! They have appeared on several different TV shows and publications in which they explain that some of the items have gone past the best before but not use by date (this means that the food is legal to sell and tastes just fine). They also sell stock that some supermarkets haven't been able to shift, which means I have had items from Waitrose and Marks & Spencers. 


Ok, so you place your order by cruising the website and adding things to your basket, they have loads of different deals including deals of the day and some really great multi buys, any BB Dates are clearly labelled. The delivery charge is £5.99 although you can sometimes find discount codes for this. My only bug bear with Approved Food is that you aren't able to book a delivery slot, this is a bit of a pain but I've had deliveries when I'm  not home and they just left it with my neighbour. 
Onto the food ... 


This was today's order and I'm super happy with it. The order totalled at £40, the value of the order was £130, that's a whopping £90 saved! Approved Food sells a variety of items and has just got its licence to sell alcohol. I use the service for my cupboard foods and an order like this will last around two months. 
An example of the types of deals to be had is the naan breads, 12 packs of 2xSharwoods Naans for £1(saving £23) this was a flash deal, which they run deals of this type pretty much daily. We used a pack tonight and it tasted perfectly normal, and tasty!


My next fabulous deal was this Belvoir Cranberry and Raspberry Presse, two for £1.50 instead of £5. I have seen these in the supermarket and always thought they looked really upmarket so I am excited to get this out when we next have a BBQ as it looks perfect for drinking in the sun especially as I'm breastfeeding and can't have wine! 


Next up is the Ambrosia Custard and Rhubarb Compote, six for £1.49 rather than £4. I think these will be great for a quick pudding or to take as part of a lunch for work. I think the price is great and it is always reassuring to see a brand you know!


Ok, now we have Mexican! Me and Mr B love Mexican and it was one of my cravings when pregnant so we pretty much expected Tom to come out with a sombrero on! My loot of 4 packs of wraps (two different types) and 4 fajita stir in sauces came to £5, this is so cheap when you consider how many dinners this can make in comparison to the fajita kits. The wraps are also great for lunches and are less than half of the price in the supermarket. 


My last exceptional deal is these Organix Goodies kiwi, pear and banana pouches, these were six for £1.99. I was especially pleased with these as they don't contain strawberry which really aggrevates Tom's eczema, and they seem to put strawberry in bloody everything! It was a saving of £4 which I wouldn't turn my nose up at. 

Overall, I continue to be really happy with the service and will keep ordering from Approved Food. I would really recommend using the service if you are looking at saving money and want to have good food available to you and your family! And look at the cute bottom of the box! 


2 comments:

  1. I placed my first order today and can't wait to get it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so exciting when the big box turns up! Like food Christmas! Did you get any good deals? X

      Delete