Monday 11 May 2015

Medela Swing : Breast Pump Review

Hot off the heels of writing about breastfeeding, I thought I would do a wee review of my medela swing breast pump.

I didn't start with the swing, I originally had a cheap manual pump. I got a blocked duct and needed to pump through it, I lasted about 5 minutes before Mr B was duely sent to Boots in strict orders to get me a Medela (gotta love those parenting club points)!
I had a few friends that pumped and I kept hearing that the swing was where it was at, this was firmly backed up with my online research. I also liked that it reminded me of Wayne's World - Shwing!
I found that I instantly took to the pump and was collecting milk straight away. The pump has an automatic let down function and various functions (I need one with a bit more oomph). You can also buy bigger funnel nipple cup things, which I needed as the standard fit but not brilliantly as I'm busty la roué. 
I will be truthful and say that my swing malfunctioned and the motor decided it wanted to taste man flesh. I contacted the support team via Facebook and was very pleased with the feedback. They got back to me almost instantly and was able to help me replace the whole unit with no fuss! Result! I can really recommend their customer support if you are unsure of anything. 
The unit isn't particularly noisey which is important to me as I now have to pump at work. It also comes with a little carry bag, which is nice and discreet. 
As well as being used my friends, I've also seen that Kourtney Kardashian is using Medela pump! So you even get a celebrity thumbs up!
The pump is expensive, possible the biggest expenditure so far as we bought a lot second hand. But, it is worth every penny! If you are planning on pumping you will want it to be as comfortable as possible. Treat yourself!
Do you pump? I would love to hear about your experiences!

No comments:

Post a Comment