Sunday 24 May 2015

Bootfair Haul :

I love a bootfair, or dirty booty as they are referred to in Chez Tom! We regularly attend and I have got some gems over the years. Today we went with the intention of buying a baby walker as the woman at the Sure Start centre suggested it would build Tom's confidence in walking independently. 

 
Well ask and you shall receive! We managed to get two of the Vtech First Strps Baby Walkers for £3 each (retails at £18 at Argos). We bought one to be kept at NanNans for when she looks after him on work days. Tom took to the walker instantly and has defiantly walked more today than he ever has previously. Weirdly, we went to see Mr B's parents this afternoon and they had bought one aswell! A serendipitous sign of good taste?


Next was this beauty! A Ted Baker Large Shopper for £2! Two bloody pound, sterling! (currently retail for £39!). I have always thought that these look really stylish and have wanted one for ages but couldn't really justify another bag, certainly for forty quid! The bag does have a wee pen mark on the front, truth be told I don't really care! I intend to use this for work and I'm sure it will get plenty of wear and tear through that. I like the little details on the bag, such as the inside has a little printed phrase "You've really got a hold on me", I think it's really sweet. I used to use a Ted Baker purse that had similar little hidden messages, it's a nice touch. 


I also bought Paper Aeroplanes by Dawn O'Porter for £1. I had wanted to read this for ages but I just don't get much time to read these days, but for a pound, it would be rude not to! I also want to take this opportunity to mention how much I love Dawn O'Porter, especially her beautiful glossy mane! I see her as a wonderful and witty role model - gush over!



Lastly, we have these fab Ray Ban Aviator Sunglasses for £5 (genuine Ray Bans retail for around £130). I am so excited for these, especially for our upcoming summer holiday. I am really keen on the aviator shape shades and usually live in a cheap pair from Primark, but I have always wanted that little Rau Ban logo to make me look cool (I am aware of how lame that sounds!)

Well that's my lot for now, I am pleased with my finds. Usually I come away with much more for Tom but it's the luck of the draw, maybe next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment