Wednesday 22 July 2015

You actually know you are tired when...

I recently read some bullpoop article on Netmums or the like, along the lines of you know when your tired when... You want to sleep when you wake up. 
Well sorry Netmums, I felt like that before I was a parent! So here is my real 10 things you know you are actually tired when...

1. You miss words out of sentences, written and verbal. Seriously, I think I've said a full sentence but 9/10 I've missed at least one full word. Worrying
2. You forget words, simple words. Like carrot. You try to remember the word by discussing "the orange things" with you toddler in Aldi. Awkward 
3. You go to the microwave with tea that has gone cold, to find the reheated cup of tea that went cold three hours ago *sigh* 45 seconds, try not to forget
4. You wake up but can't remember putting your baby in the cot so you frantically scrabble looking for a baby that isn't there. Cue being wide awake holding a 'pillow baby'
5. You can sleep anywhere, anytime. You will micro sleep in the bath. If you are still, you will sleep. Poo sleeps will become the norm
6. You want to punch everyone in the face, mainly the twats who say "I only slept for four hours last night" ... Only?!? Only four hours??? How hard for you
7. You consider phoning in sick to work once your baby is at childcare, but you have to work to pay for childcare. You then spend the entire day at work wondering if you can get out early to sleep before picking your baba up. 
8. You could sleep from 5pm through to 4:30pm the next day, sadly you will never, never get to test the theory 
9. You stare at your baby in disbelief and jealousy when he doesn't want to sleep in his cot, your fantasy is a snuggley bed with a nightlight! 
10. You never see the end of a film, or the middle, or the end of the opening credits ... Zzzz




I hope this was a bit more realistic! Let me know what extreme tiredness you have experienced?

No comments:

Post a Comment