Tuesday 21 July 2015

TampON : TampOFF

So I have become a little bit political, and I want to explain the sitch. 
It started when I saw a picture on Instagram about an Australian initiative for providing sanitary items to homeless women. This blew.my.mind! It never even occurred to me that this would be an issue, which is a big part of the problem. This weighed heavily on me and I knew that I would do something, somehow but I didn't know what.
I discussed it with a female college who had a similar reaction to me. She also told me about the 5% tax on female sanitary items as they are considered luxury items. What the hell?! I'd rather have a Vivienne Westwood purse thanks!
She told me that she was part of a similar petition to ours many years ago and the genuine resound that they got is that they are a luxury as women could use old towels and sheets like they did in the war. Absolutely madness!  
So we mulled the situation and found ourselves both rather outraged. This led us to decide to BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE IN THE WORLD!  
Please sign it! If they pay attention then it's you that will gain! Do it for me, do it for sad tampon... 

And the homeless situation? We are planning to make care packages which we can give out! Make a change!

No comments:

Post a Comment