Tuesday 14 July 2015

Unlikely Mummy Products : Sketchers Go Walk

As the title suggests, this is not what you would consider a baby essential... Hear me out!



Since having Tom I have been waking more and more. I'm a non driver (bus wanker, I know!) and I used to get nervous taking my pram on the bus in case there was other prams. My solution was to start walking and now I walk pretty much everywhere, even to work! One of the things I quickly discovered is that I wear cheap and nasty shoes and it just screws up my feet. Either they wear through, or I get blisters or they get skanky. So I made the decision to get some grown up shoes as at this point I was wearing Hello Kitty Vans.
I did some internet research and came across the Sketchers Go Walk. The trainers are literally made for walking, they are ergonomically designed, such as allowing the foot to flex as you walk and the toes to spread as they would if you was barefoot. They are made with a breathable mesh so you can go sock-less, and they are really light! The lightness lends well to people with arthritis, and this has been a factor in my mum buying some too! 
I have had mine for around 4 months, so I feel ready to give a pretty fair review. I call them my ugly trainers, yup they aren't the most sexy of footwear but as I wear them so much I can say that they just blend in, but in used to the aforementioned Hello Kitty trainers, so they just aren't my usual style. I pretty much live in these bad boys. I wear these trainers all the time, I wear them for work, I wear out with Tom, they are neutral enough to go with everything. 
The trainers are really great, I cannot stress enough how comfortable they are,it's the closest I have found to being barefoot which is some thing I like as I walk with my feet at a funny angle and most trainers are too narrow to accommodate it, but the Go Walk give my feet the space they need. 
What makes them a mummy essential? They are comfortable, you can slip them on and off (no laces), you can run after a toddler in them! They are lasting well and they make it possible to walk long distances comfortably! I 100% recommend these if you are looking for some grown up trainers! 
I bought mine from Schuh for £49 (http://www.schuh.co.uk/womens/skechers-go-walk-2-black-trainers/1914087070/), but my mum go here from Sports Direct.con (uuuukkkk's number 1!) for £39, it pays to shop around! (http://www.sportsdirect.com/skechers-go-walk-riv-shoes-ladies--275634?colcode=27563403)

Have you tried the Go Walks? do you have any non baby essentials? 

No comments:

Post a Comment