Saturday 25 July 2015

The most pointless meeting in the world ...

When Tom had his allergy appointment the paediatrician referred him to the dietician aswell, I didn't question it as he is the doctor. I had forgotten all about it until on Saturday I received a letter for the upcoming Friday. I didn't really know what I would get out of it but we had an appointment and so we would duely attend.
It had been a few months since Tom had his allergy testing and he had only had 3 reactions in that time so we have a pretty good handle on managing them. Prior to the appointment Tom was weighed and measured, FYI he is in the 99th percentile!
We then had our appointment. The dietician reported that she was happy with his size as it's clearly inherited - Mr B is 6"5. We had been asked to keep a food diary for 3 days, so we looked at that and she was happy with the variety and that what he eats shouldn't upset his  allergies. Then she gave me some fact sheets from the Allergy UK website. I had already seen them as I did a lot of research when Tom was diagnosed. And so that was pretty much it. The gist of it was, keep doing what you are doing, it's obviously working. 
So yeah, that was pretty bloody pointless. I'm not about to start slagging off someone's profession but I don't think that she really brought much to the table in our situation. I guess it would have been much better if it was closer to when he was diagnosed but at this point the advice "read the packaging" is a bit of a given. 
So there it is. I hope this post was helpful in some way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment