Thursday 19 November 2015

Christmas at Poundland : Narnia Style!

This afternoon I was utilising Toms nap time efficiently, by cruising Pintrest and eating mince pies (it's been a long day!). When I came across a competition from Poundland in which you make a Christmas board from their Christmas items and you could win some vouchers. So I decided to give it a whirl... 


Once I got started I quickly decided on a Narnia, blue, white and silver theme. I was genuinely surprised at the variety and quality of goods on offer. I am a regular shopper of Poundland and I have bought Christmas items from them in the past but this was different, I wanted everything I have pinned, I am seriously thinking that on payday I am hotfooting it to my local to get it all!
Here are some of the items I have pinned...




Look at these beautiful baubles! Many of them are glass or have intricate details! I think the acorn one in particular would halp to create the winter wonderland theme! 


I am really feeling the blue tinsel wreath, I think these would be lovely as indoor wreaths, with a bauble suspended inside, I am looking forward to trying it! They had other colours, and alternating silver and blue would really brighten up any hallway. 
I also love this wrapping paper, it has a lively balance of modern and traditional that would look wonderful under any tree! 


The tree topper! Last year I had a beanie baby on top of my tree, so I on need of a real topper, and this is the one! I am so excited to get it!
I aldready have an owl theme (the beanie was an owl!), and am always on the lookout for more! I really like this little chap, I think it will emphasise the winter wonderland theme and will compliment the acorn bauble! 

Obviously I would like to win the competition, but I have really enjoyed making the board generally - so much so I have written this post! I intend to go and get all the bits I have pinned as soon as I can! I really encourage you to go and look I store or in the website, there is so much more available and not just in the theme I have chosen!

Let me know what you think, if you like it then I might make a board in another theme as I've enjoyed it so much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment