Sunday 8 March 2020

1st Birthday Present Ideas

Having recently had Chloe’s birthday it is  fresh in my mind as to what makes a nice present and things I’d like to get for mine and other babies! So without further ado, here it is!



Books

  • That’s not my... - these touchy feely books are classics, I’m yet to find a baby who doesn’t like them.
  • Little people, BIG DREAMS - I bought Clo two of these for her birthday, although she is too young to properly engage with them I think they make great decor and is something nice to grow in to.
  • Calm Down Boris! Both kids love this book! The puppet on the front makes it interactive and it’s a fun book to read!


Clothes

  • Pyjamas - one of the joys of babies becoming toddlers is them starting to wear pyjamas, it makes my heart melt when they look like little people! 
  • Luxury items - not necessarily high couture fancy items but things that are a bit special and make you feel like your baby is getting a treat.
  • Personalised items - I am a sucker for something personalised, it’s the feeling that something is made just for her that makes me feel fuzzy  inside.


Toys

  • Tea set - For Chloe’s birthday we got her a tea set and almost instantly she started to engage with role play, one almost thinks it’s like she has spent a year watching me have a coffee cup permanently in my hand  
  • Little People - Another hit has been the Fisher Price Little People, Clo was already playing with Toms old Batman figures and now has some of her own to add to the fun. The sets really vary in price depending on what size you get but have recently been on 2 for £15 at Argos .
  • Baby Doll - We were lucky enough to be given a selection of toys from a friend that didn’t need them anymore and included were several dolls which Clo really took to! She loves patting them and giving cuddles (and lobbing them on the floor).


Other

  • Plate Set - my sister has bought both my children Emma Bridgewater plate sets for their first birthdays and they are simply beautiful, a nice gift that gets daily use!
  • Personalised puzzle - my sister also got Clo this puzzle when she was christened, it’s a lovely gift to grow with her and should assist when it comes to reading and writing her name!
  • Something to make - we received a set to make for Chloe as part of her present and it got me thinking how lovely it would be to receive a hand made item. Someone investing time and effort into a gift is just the nicest thing! 
I hope these ideas were helpful and I would love to know if you have anything to add! 

No comments:

Post a Comment