Sunday 28 February 2016

So I started Slimming World ...

I thought I would post to talk about Slimming World. I've done it for a week and a half so I am by no means settled in! But I guess I wanted to blog my in going experience.

I decided I wanted to diet for 3 reasons :
1. Tom is a really active child I never want to say no to things like going to the park because of my weight.
2. I have 5 weddings over the next two years! That's a flippin lot! And the last one I am maid of Honour so I really want to look my best for me and the bride. 
3. I can feel my weight. It seems a bit weird but last year I was around a stone lighter die to breastfeeding and being very active, as my weight has crept on I have been so much more aware of it.

So I decided it was time! And at 6am the night before I went and joined I couldn't sleep with nerves and excitement and wrote this :
Feeling quite nervous, nervous enough that up been up since four. But also excited! Excited enough that I've been up since four pinning recipes and writing a shopping list. I feel excited that I could actually loose weight, but scared that what if I don't? What if it doesn't work for me? What if I end up weighing 50 stone and wearing tents?! All the normal fears. But what if it does? What if I can be slim at my besties wedding? What if I can be a good example to Tom? What if I didn't have chub rub? The possibilities are endless!

So I went, and I got all my info and everyone was super friendly, and I realised that I could actually do this! We set my first target for loosing 10% of my body weight as there are numerous health benefits to this figure. And this is what I ate :

This is just a small selection and I can honestly say I am pretty impressed at the variety of 'free foods' you can eat. I have realised that my diet was a heavy on the bread and cheese before starting Slimming World, I am not missing sweet things but could punch someone for a greasy slice of pizza!! 

I have been going to Slimming World for a week and a half and in my first week I lost 5lbs! I will try to do regular posts/videos about further progress! 

1 comment:

  1. Well together with your authorization permit me to grab your feed to stay upgraded with up and coming post. You can take this munnar taxi for any tours and travels program of your family. They are providing secured and comfortable cabs.

    ReplyDelete