Saturday 6 February 2016

#31in31 : Sophie Wants MAC : Challenge Complete!

I set a challenge for myself at the start of January to make an effort with my makeup everyday, if I did it then all makeup unused would be thrown away and I would get my first MAC lipstick! 31 days was surprisingly difficult at times and it really showed me how much I stick to the same styles, but I did it! You can search Instagram #sophiewantsmac if you want to see all my looks, bar two in which I forgot to take pics! 
What went well?
I really liked perfecting what works for my general look, how to do it quickly but well and what products work for me. I also liked it when I tried something new for work and received lots of compliments especially as I had assumed that lipstick would be too much! A pleasant surprise! 
What didn't go well?
I did get a bit bored, for sure if it wasn't a public pledge I could have easily let it slide. I also became a bit bored of taking a selfie everyday! How does Kim K do it?
What could I do better?
I think if I did it again I would do something like a different colour/theme a day, just to keep things fresh and push myself a bit more. 
What did I learn?
That I have hoarded loads of crap makeup and how freekin good it was to get rid of it! And how annoying it is having to take off a full face of makeup everyday. Also, thank God for Pintrest when I was running short on ideas!




I have made two YouTube videos on my hero products and what I got rid of! So keep an eye out for them! I hope you enjoyed the challenge and maybe you could try it too! And yes, SOPHIE GOT MAC! A beautiful red lipstick in Lady Bug. 


2 comments:

  1. Love this idea! I too have the same problem and need to go thru all of my makeup, and I just got more in the mail today from Ulta! I love the concept of doing my makeup for 31 days as well, do you mind if I do the same for a post on my blog? Looking forward to your next post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for such a nice comment! I absolutely welcome you doing the challenge! It has been so much quicker doing my make up in the morning as I don't have to faff around sorting through all my surplus products! Good luck! X

      Delete