Tuesday 16 February 2016

Get Your Mams Out : Breastfeeding Style

I breastfed Tom until he was 14 months, so I think I can give a pretty balanced view on what's good when it comes to popping a boob. Personally I didn't buy much proper breastfeeding clothes as I found it easier to adapt my own clothes and style. My logic was why buy stuff that will only last for the period, especially as I had no plan as to how long I would be breastfeeding for. 

BRAS
One thing that I would say you need is breastfeeding bras! I bought a few styles but my favourite was the T-Shirt style as it was thicker and comfy and felt more like a 'real' bra. I got mine from Mothercare once my milk came in (I have muscle memory of that pain!). The service was great and I left feeling so much better about myself and my mahoosive melons!

http://www.mothercare.com/Blooming-Marvellous-Fuller-Bust-Maternity-Nursing-T-Shirt-Bra/LX3109,default,pd.html?dwvar_LX3109_color=Black&loadMoreCurrentStatus=1&returnCgid=nursing_bras_fuller&returnSrule=null&start=10&returnScrollPos=349

STRAP TOPS
I think the next essential is strap tops. The primark basic type things. I pretty much had one of these on everyday for 14 months. I really went for a layering approach and so pop one of these under and you other top over, one up one down and you are only revealing what you need. One boob, no tum! And they are cheap so when they get stretched out and puked on its no great shame! 

WRAP TOPS & DRESSES
What I liked about the wrap style is that you could be quite discreet when nursing, you could get your boob out and crucial put it away without anyone really noticing. It's also a flattering shape on a fuller bust which is nice when you are learning to navigate your post baby body! 
http://m.newlook.com/shop/womens/dresses/black-floral-print-chiffon-wrap-dress_367182209

CROP TOPS
A different approach to this was a strap top under a loose crop top. Still working the one up one down principle but less restrictive and I felt I could show my figure a bit better and could cover Toms face a bit of I was trying to nurse him to sleep. 

http://www.boohoo.com/day-tops/sarah-crop-roll-back-sleeve-tee/invt/azz50439

CARDIGANS
Lastly I liked a waterfall cardigan. Loose and comfy is the aim of the game! You can wrap it over like a blanket or use it like a wrap top. Again figure flattering and may assist in hiding all the sick stains you will no doubt have on your top underneath! 
http://www.boohoo.com/new-to-clearance/tia-belted-waterfall-cardigan/invt/dzz87749

So there it is! My breastfeeding style essentials! I hope you liked it and let me know what you think or if you think I have missed anything! 

No comments:

Post a Comment