Friday 16 October 2015

Can we have it all?

This week is the closest I have ever got to the dreaded burnout. A combination of studying, working, running a household and a toddler that has had a reluctance to sleep has pushed me to my limit. I took a day of work to rest and recoup and had a think about my life balance.

I feel I have sacrificed blogging, something I take so much pleasure in and use as an outlet. But, in contrast I wouldn't think of not doing the housework (the horror). So time to readdress the balance, what do I want, what do I need and what can I drop.

I have come to the conclusion that I can have it all, I will blog, I will clean, I will work and of course I will parent. But also, I will rest, I will ask for help, I will leave the washing until I am ready to do it. I will be a bit kinder to me. 

I feel I am bombarded with images of the perfect balanced and blow dried mother and it makes me feel inferior. But then I go on my Instagram to see the real parenting, the need for coffee, the messy house, the calling out for support and I remember that I don't want to be a glossy mum, I want to say fuck it and eat cake and I want Tom to see that I am trying my hardest but sometimes it's ok to need help. 

In short, eat cake, screw the washing and be happy!

Peace and love X


No comments:

Post a Comment