Monday 12 October 2015

But what have you learned?

Recently I have talked parenting with a few childless (and well rested) friends, a question that has come up each time is 'what have you learned?' 
Well, I've leaned lots of things, I've learned to change a nappy whilst Tom is standing up (read: running away), I've learned to have a conversation whilst Tom is loudly playing (read: screaming and running away) and and I've learned to clean my house, make dinner and write an essay whilst chatting with a toddler (read: nodding along to him screaming). Basically you learn to multitask. 
But there is something I haven't really leant, how do you deal with not sleeping? Mr B is starting to be up with Tom during the night more and he thinks that I've already learnt to cope with the not sleeping but I'm not so sure. 
I am so tired, I am so tired I forgot the word spoon, unusual considering they are now the implement I used about fifty times a day. I am so tired I now do microsleeps, whilst walking. I am so tired I actually crave sugar for energy, I had not experienced this before! 
I don't know if you get do learn to manage the lack of sleep? I am running on the fumes that one day he will just give it up and sleep properly. Or that I will become a supreme being who can survive on Reeces Pieces and cold tea.

So I guess this is a bit moany and not particularly reassuring to the person looking for the answer of how to get a toddler to sleep through the night. But, it shows thy no matter how tired you arroyo can gulp down that cold tea, spray on that dry shampoo and crack on. You can do it mama!


No comments:

Post a Comment